CAN 0.00% 6.2¢ cann group limited

Thanks, Gone for the opportunity to dispel more myths. The...

1. 17 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Thanks, Gone for the opportunity to dispel more myths.
    The southern facility is not and never has been a research facility. It is a full production operation that has been extensively upgraded over the years. However, many of the hundreds of crop harvests performed there never resulted in any sales. The northern facility is a glasshouse intended for research but mainly used to maintain genetic stock with skeleton staff.It also has no post-harvest processing area. As with many startups, Cann has very little bandwidth for r&d. Since the two facilities are completely different, there was no point in conducting research at Northern because any conclusions could not be transferred to the production facility. Sorry to burst your bubble on this.

As I stated, and you seem to be in denial about, growing medicinal cannabis in large scale is very difficult and takes time to perfect. Your view that it is "easy" shows that you are just as naive as many license holders who entered the space only to realise they didn't know what they were getting into. You also show that you don't understand the complexity of cannabinoid composition within the plant and between clones with your 'even the most basic grows will yield buds with a cannabinoid profil' comment. Mate, their not going to be competitive growing just anything, please be serious and do some research on the many problems that can arise during a large scale grow operation, otherwise don't talk about what you don't know! Regarding the university partnerships, yes these projects will offer technical insights but they may or may not benefit Cann's growing operations. Science does not always give you the result you wanted to hear. Also, the researchers are scientists, not growers! Their target outcomes are completely different. University researchers seek to output publications, not cannabinoids, get it?

Your comparison of casual cultivators to commercial chefs is also flawed and shows lack of insight. Unlike apprentice chefs who are learning and training to one day become head chef, casual cultivators are trained to follow standard operating procedures only. They are basically human machines and replaceable at a whim. There are no opportunities to move up and so many take their skills and qualifications elsewhere after they realise they are grossly overqualified for the job. Do a few harvests and we'll see how much you care about the product when you're getting paid peanuts and being treated like crap. Sorry, again.

Regarding CBD content, way off the mark here too. Whilst theoretically it can reach up to 15%, it doesn't mean they can achieve it. Have they ever claimed that? The same goes with THC lines. I believe they have NOT optimised it to reach their target of 20% yet. This point is critical to expenses and sales. If they can't optimise the cannabinoid content they will need to produce more biomass to meet the production efficiency required to bring costs down and in line with competitors. Regarding floral buds, these will be high THC (smoking CBD buds ain't popular), and it is straightforward to obtain premium high THC buds with greater than 25% THC content from the black market, so they will have very stiff competition with that product. They need to convince the millions of smokers that their THC flower is worth the price. That is hard, and I think that's why the focus is on CBD gelpel capsules. Now, unfortunately, the data on low does CBD ain't crash hot in terms of therapeutic benefits. Maybe the TGA will allow higher dosage in the future, but for now I will be very skeptical about any positive results coming out their phase 3 clinical trial. I will be going over that data with a fine-tooth comb. The jury is still out about the health benefits of cannabinoids in general. The greatest debate is whether full-spectrum products like flowers are more efficacious than single-molecule drugs such as those produced by GW pharmaceuticals. So there is quite a lot of work for Cann to find their niche.

All in all, I'm not trying to shut you down, but instead trying to offer you my insights to help you and others be more realistic. The company always paints a pretty picture (as they should), so I'm trying to bring some authentic insights to investors. You are full of hopeium while Amb005 is more of a doomsdayer. The truth is probably somewhere in between, and that's what I'm trying to help us all get to. As I've said before, Cann may be as successful as you say, but if so, my prediction is that it will take a lot longer than what you think so it might be wise to adjust your expected timelines.

I thank you for your insights regarding calculating potential sales and for providing a different point of view. I am pleased to have learnt something from your posts. If you like, I can send you some peer-reviewed papers regarding the issues plaguing medicinal cannabis operations. I wish you all the best with your investments.

Now it's time for everyone to pick this apart! haha

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.