PLY 1.84% 80.0¢ playside studios limited

Market today is predominantly pulled by the mining sector on the...

1. 310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 108
    Market today is predominantly pulled by the mining sector on the back of China's promise of more stimulus, mainly BHP (given it's close to 10% market weight) and FMG, and to a lesser extent the energy sector. IT and Telco are currently in the red. NASDAQ was flat last night. Without the resource stocks, market should be negative today. There is now a higher chance of the RBA hiking interest rate next week, so less incentive for people to put money into equity.

I think "sell in May and go away" is likely the case here. People are still very hesitant on buying small caps due to liquidity and valuation.

What I noticed from this 4C season, on the back of the Feb reporting season, is costs are becoming more and more of an issue due to inflation (fuel, input costs ...etc) and supply chain issue. My old mentor always says you can't control the revenue line but you can control the costs line. So I'm very happy to see PLY's management able to keep the costs in reach given new staff etc...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.0¢
Change
-0.015(1.84%)
Mkt cap ! $326.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
80.0¢ 80.5¢ 79.0¢ $53.41K 66.84K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2521 79.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.5¢ 19857 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.24am 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.