IBX 0.00% 3.7¢ imagion biosystems limited

Hi Newbie and thanks for the reply.You'll see from that...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 737 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1479
    Hi Newbie and thanks for the reply.

You'll see from that announcement the MRX / MRI detection is preclinical research. I am aware that in preclinical work - including 'phantoms' which are a replica breast - the spions were detectable by both MRX and MRI, and that in mouse models using tumour xenografts and tail-vein spion injections both imaging modalities could detect the spions, which aggregated in the tumour xenografts indicating the targeting ligand was working, too.

What I would like to hear from the company is some clarification in relation to the performance of the HER2 targeting spions - not just that they have the ability to reach the lymph node - and the subsequent detectability of the 'attached' spions using both MRX and MRI in vivo.

This is the first time IBX has been in the clinic and, so far as I can see, we're hearing news about safety and tolerability as well as spion transport to the lymph node, but absolutely nothing about the performance of the product as a diagnostic agent.

While Bob is correct when he says that the company needs to be careful not to jump the gun in proclaiming success, there's also nothing precluding an announcement that: 'In the fist five patients, the HER2 targeting spions were found to have bound to tumour cells and were detectable by both MRI and MRX. While encouraging, these early results do not allow robust conclusions to be drawn and further updates will be provided once the trial's statistical endpoint is known.'

My view is that the need to show caution with trial updates has to be balanced against the need to keep the market informed of progress and to recognise that significant delays in recruitment mean that the current lack of news is seriously testing investor patience, putting huge downward pressure on the SP.

The lack of commentary in relation to product performance needs to be addressed IMO.

Cheers

Densy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.