HLF 0.00% 0.7¢ halo food co. limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 4C Cash Flow Report, page-145

1. 633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 207
    I would not have thought of greed as such. I guess, it is a strange mixture of 'cleverness' and and lack of competence.

Cleverness was displayed in the way they sold the growth path (and still do); clever how they had these ridiculous call options early on (some posters may remember quite robust discussions about that); clever how they sold acquisitions as "Silver Bullets" that then quickly lost their shine; clever how "new hope" was sown with regularity (so investors felt next quarterly will be better); clever how they strung out capital and investors ...

Lack of competence because BOD participated fully in latest CR at 6.8 c a share ... and is now sitting on 1.8 cents a share. Crazy, since they are insiders. Lack of competence when you look at how they communicate (or how they don't) communicate to investors.

But most of all: Lack of competence when you look at how they toiled from quarter to quarter, burning the capital and never creating value.

On the topic of value: I believe, management has created next to nil. The 'brands' or 'brand' will simply disappear (as has happened before with others). Customers won't be rioting in order to get their fill of "Tonik", or THM products (just look at THM discounts!).

On the corporate side, somebody interested will just wait until there is a 'carcass to taken care of' (the expression of 'vulture capitalism' comes to mind). Ironically, HLF itself bought that candy production machine at a good discount from a company in distress.

When one looks at the path of the share price, there is only one conclusion: Mr market is increasingly doubting HLF as a going concern.

Back to the greed argument: I would not have minded some greed, because if management wins, i.e. reaches targets and gets options, then, that is good for the shareholder as well.

All my opinion, DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HLF (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.