AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

It's easy to be a knocker and a mocker when things are looking...

1. 2,489 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2438
    It's easy to be a knocker and a mocker when things are looking grim. Nobody likes to think they have been mistaken, let alone fooled, so they come out swinging. Often the more vehemently that negativity is expressed, the greater the anxiety and the indignation that has been uncovered. Entirely understandable.

It's easy to dump and run. It's much harder to look past looming black clouds of negativity even if you are confident there are good things coming up behind them. But appearances can often be misleading. The difference between confidence and reactivity is careful analysis and logical thinking. And then, and only then, lots of patience. That does not mean holding on to a stock for the sake of sentiment or refusal to see the facts. I have occasionally held stocks for too long. It's easy to do with speculative ventures, even if they succeed. It can be an expensive mistake. I have also made the opposite mistake of selling before I should. Also expensive. Problem is you don't always get enough information to make a clear decision at the right time. I have often held a stock for a while and seen it go up and down based on uninformed market sentiment. Then one day a single detail emerges that you just know will not bode well. Bang. Shares I have held for quite while and been quite confident in have been sold in minutes with no regrets. And usually I have been proven right. Most of the shares I have bought and held on to have eventually made between 500% and 800% over the course of 3-6 years. After that they have plateaued, allowing me to redeploy the cash to better effect elsewhere.

This 4C was full of good news that continued and built on all the previous good indications. In my estimation there were no real negatives that should have led to a fall in the SP. I expected the SP would rise reassuringly. So I was genuinely surprised at the reaction here on HC as well as the fall in SP, even though the trading was minuscule in volume overall. Insignificant really.

I suspect that the difficulty was that the good news was not of the kind that said: "Tomorrow we will sell our first million chips!"
    Instead it said: "We are over the hump that has held us back thus far. We've solved our problems. All the necessary processes are now in motion. After a reasonable, unavoidable, but necessary time they will come to fruition, and then we will be ready to sell our first million chips."

People who want immediate gratification do not like that kind of news. They want the first kind.
    Nobody likes to have to wait when they are eager or anxious. Nobody likes to see that there is still a risk of failure.
    But, no risk: no reward. No patience: no resilience.

I have scraped out the barrel, and I have a BUY bid in now. I hope the SP falls a bit so I get my bid. That's called informed hope.

DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.