CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 4C Cash Flow Report, page-61

1. 3,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1919
    Chris thanks again. Those photos are perfect to let me help you and others with understanding hemp growth. I am happy for you to keep posting these.

Regarding the 500 tonnes, as you quoted yourself it was an expectation and not a certainty. The announcement at the time also said there was more seed to be planted. You also acknowledged the drought which did affect growing outcomes.

Re your photos:

What is the growing cycle of hemp?

Essential oil hemp and fiber hemp varieties require 70–120 days from seeding to harvest, and grain hemp requires 120–180 days. Soil temperature, growing season length, and frost danger dictate when to plant.
    https://catalog.extension.oregonstate.edu/em9239/html#:~:text=Essential oil hemp and fiber,danger dictate when to plant.

In another article from Australia. "The moment that seed is germinated, a beautiful process begins. By the end of the 3-5 month growth cycle, the plant will be as high as 5m tall and be ready to be cut down for processing into any of a wide range of products. " So the seedlings need time to develop into mature plants.
    https://hempco.net.au/seed-to-shelf-growing-harvesting-and-processing-hemp/blog

So some questions:
    Question 1: If a typical growth period for hemp in broad acre settings is 3 to 5 months. Is it possible that in a broad-acre setting, open to the weather, a seedling plant or "teenager" mid-growth or almost fully developed adult plant might fail if weather conditions suddenly change or become unfavourable?

Now I ask this because as armchair investors we often read reports but are not actually on the ground, or dare I say, fully understand, what is happening within an organization; particularly as this was a new industry in Australia for broad-acre settings of human consumption industrial hemp food grain.

2nd question: (possibly reasonable) If a small staffed public company in the midst of one of the ASX's most complex transformation of business activities (which it approved) where XYZ company requested that it keep its original business activity (dual sector operation with single sector classification) gets approved to change to a completely new sector, whilst having to publish 33 announcements before that Half year came out and try and manage two fully new vertically integrated businesses, do you think a slight delay in a report may have been reasonable?
    Last edited by Neil1959: 07/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.