AJX 5.00% 1.1¢ alexium international group limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 4C Cash Flow Report, page-30

1. 1,069 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 821

Yes the using of the word military has created a little confusion. Sometimes they also use the words "US Military evaluating body" or "evaluation body" as well - which may be an overlaying body. I'm hoping they will tend to be or can be more specific with what branch of the military they are referring too going forward, as progress now moves forward along specific branches .... as evidenced in the last 4C, when they noted that they had participated in the US Marines RFQ

But Alexium is and has been working with both branches
    From the December 2022 4C
    " ... It is now under review by two separate U.S. Military branches."
    and the March 4C
    "Alexium is in active discussions with two branches of the US Military"

Ithink much of the work that has / had been happening has been evaluation work -including some probably small scale field trials. I'm not sure if Alexium is the only company being evaluated this way or not - but this work will likely put us in good stead when the formal RFQs are announced, with a lot of the evaluation having already been done.
    But formal RFQ's will have to be undertaken under Government / Military purchasing terms to allow all interested parties to submit and be evaluated

Billy noted also in March that the Marines were moving ahead of the Army and this has now been evidenced in the formal RFQ released in May by the Marines.
    In regards the Army - I believe they are still evaluating the work as it was noted in March fabric was requested probably for further likely trials which I assume now is for the Army as it was being tested at the "Military’s performance lab in Massachusetts" - which I think may be the Natick Soldier Systems Center - which I think is under the US Army - but this work for the Army won't be under a RFQ yet - this will still have to come and hopefully its not to far away.

I'm guessing the Marines may be a little more innovative and nimble in terms of tech etc and have moved first into the RFQ and the Army being larger etc...really have to double check their evaluation and will then announce their RFQ .

Another thing to note was that the recent 4C mentioned that the Marines RFQ was for treated fabric rather than chemistry - so if Alexium wins a quote for treated fabric rather than FR chemistry the revenue could be a lot larger as we would supply the treated fabric and not just the chemistry - hence the talks with fabric suppliers that Alexium has been undertaking. -- I'm not entirely sure how this all works but just my thoughts and I may be wrong here.

As for pyroman - they was also mention that 3 different treated fabrics had been supplied to the Marines - these may tie back to lighter weight less FR - to heavier weight more FR and more likely to pass pyroman - but I'm guessing
    Billy however did note that there may also be a relaxing of requirements ...potentially ... I guess they can't have everything.

Ithink it will all still take some time - but hopefully progress announcements can be made - and one branch may even jump the gun and lock in a contract before the complete field trials are concluded.

I don't think there is any going back to the drawing board now - not as the Marines have now put out the RFQ - and both branches will be looking at the same initial evaluation work - its just that the Marines have been a little quicker.

Last edited by SebTaylor: 13/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.40M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.0¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $479 46.06K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 5248052 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.1¢ 134000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.12pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.