NET 0.00% 0.3¢ netlinkz limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 4C Cash Flow Report, page-45

1. 238 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    Here is what I wrote a month or so ago

Cant remember who asked about the Telstra award, anyway made me do a few searches and the only patent awards go back to 2011 and 2014, well before this version of the VSN was launched so im not sure there are any IP filings for this tech version i can find.

Possibly due to the use of Virtual Packet Processing technology which is open source, originally designed by Cisco and Intel then released through the open Linux forum. This is also marketed by netgate.com in the US who have some government contracts,https://www.netgate.com/ they have 5 resellers in Australia, and loads across the region, i would have thought either Net would have bought them out or taken then to court if they are selling the same thing. Happy to be proved wrong, additionally the Telstra award is for the old product again as far as i can see based on a few searches. Would be good if this could be clarified by an official Netlinkz release not the rumour mill.

On the question of VPN, my understanding is the VSN core uses VPP as outlined above and if accessed through a device over the internet using the Netlinkz app, then they need to use VPN extensions, you can check this by downloading the app and running on a device and you will see its a VPN, so yes its a VPN in that case as that would be the weakest part of the network. If its used in an office it would use the WFI off the WFI router, which you could secure using a number of methods.
    Hope that helps

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NET (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.