ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,597 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2652
    I agree with the idea of what you are hoping to imply, but I do not think AP holds that expertise exclusively, nor have they developed and specified it sufficiently. That is my point. If they had, when they tried it in their devices it would have given the results they wanted, and it didn't. So the IP it represents is not quite enough to do the business. They needed more, and that 'more' was what EM seems to have brought to the table.

The most valuable exclusive IP relates to using MEMS piston actuators as pixels in a DSR arrangement. That appears to be our exclusive tech. And that is where the real value lies.

Everybody working in this and similar fields makes incremental advances with a developing technology. This is the 'secret sauce' if you like. That is why they patent incremental concepts. I assume everybody in their own fields licenses the use of them from each other to make the whole thing work. I suggest that EM - and others - have developed aspects of the MEMS fabrication technology that have applicability in similar devices. If anyone can show that EM had not been developing such technology independently of AP, that would persuade me that AP could claim to own every part of every piece of fabrication knowhow that makes it all work.

But I am only basing my opinions on what I am aware of. I'm just joining dots. That means I can be wrong. Learning more about such work has (or should have) the power to change our minds. That will take a lot of searching for patents that show EM was doing nothing in this field before its collaboration with AP. I would expect that patents would have been applied for, even if not yet granted, for MEMS fabrication techniques that have direct application in making piston-like and movable membrane-like componentry from EM, and probably from others. I just don't have the time to go looking.

The problem is that we as mere shareholders, not MEMS experts, know insufficient to know what is really important, what is ours exclusively, what is absolutely crucial, and what just needs a simple workaround.

The important thing here is that there is clearly a strong collaboration between the two parties that Danny Lewin at least is happy about. That is important to understand. I seem to have been blocked from posting any further responses.
    Last edited by BobF: 15/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.