AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 4C Cash Flow Report, page-217

1. 2,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2506

With reference to the 2nd EM patent posted by @caredes:
    This is either poorly expressed in the original or poorly translated from 'technical' Chinese to 'technical' English. The mechanism appears to specify a support with holes that is more permeable to the pulses of air pressure from each pixel that make up the sound wave. The diaphragm mechanism also sounds like it has been improved to make it move better as a flat plane in its axial direction. Together these would permit a wavefront that bears a minimal distortion 'fingerprint' of having been squeezed around corners within the device. All up this should make for a better fidelity of the wavefront from each pixel. Clearly EM have been working hard on improving the manufacturability of a more precise 'piston' actuation. This will be true whether the pixel is oscillating in a continuous movement at any frequency (i.e. actual sound waves from each pixel) or from a stepping device like the original AP device descriptions indicate. AP has made some descriptive info in the past as to the glitches at particular frequencies / harmonics, and this is probably describing a solution to that problem.

What is interesting is the comment at the end of the text:
    TECHNICAL FIELD
    The present invention relates to the technical field of digital speakers, and in particular to a sound-generating unit and a preparation method thereof, as well as a digital speaker.
    BACKGROUND TECHNIQUE
    Digital loudspeaker is a new sound-generating device based on Digital Sound Reconstruction (DSR) technology. Its principle is to form sound waves through a combination of pulses generated by high-frequency vibration of sound-generating units arranged in an array. Therefore, digital speakers have extremely high requirements on the vibration characteristics of the sound-emitting unit microfilm, especially high-frequency vibration parameters. Microfilms need to have extremely high resonant frequencies while being relatively small and easy to control. Existing fixed-thickness diaphragms may not meet the device's requirements for sound-generating units.

This is clearly a reference in an EM patent to AP's unique and patented DSR technology. It would therefore appear that EM's patent is pretty crucial to the proper implementation of the piston movement aspect of AP's DSR application. With this now in a patent application it is suggestive (to me at least) that we are very close to seeing (and hearing) a device that incorporates all these developments, and which would represent the best possible sound performance to date.

I like the sound of that very much!

This is all my purely opinion based on the wording of this and earlier announcements. DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.