AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

My understanding of this is that they are trying to just get...

1. 2,494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2449
    My understanding of this is that they are trying to just get enough cash to get through this cash squeeze without having to go to the market with a proposal to raise major capital. The company, and its major shareholders, and even smaller long term holders like myself, will not want to see the value of their holdings unnecessarily diluted after holding patiently for so long. There has been a lot of sunk opportunity cost in waiting for years for your AKP shares to finally come to fruition! The aim will probably be to go to market for funds with a finished product that can be reliably made right and does everything promised. Once this is demonstrated the company clearly has no doubt that the product's performance will attract plenty of investors eager to stump up cash at a significantly higher SP than it has been at over recent years.

These 'waiting years' have been an interlude that has set a sense of disillusionment, disappointment, and cynicism around the company and a lack of credibility around its SP. The company will want to put that definitively behind them. My expectation - and hope - is that they return to trading at a time that shareholder confidence is most definitely "on the up". In other words holders have to be confident that the 'real' upswing has arrived. For that to happen holders have to see (and hear) something that satisfies their hopes. That, to me, means a convincing demo, not just in a clean room anechoic chamber, but in a living room environment. i.e. "This is what your stereo will sound like with Audiopixels in it!" It will be when we get to hear that demo, at an AGM or EGM, that the SP will rise to where it then deserves to be. The SP will have to leap in order for sufficient shares to be sold at a satisfactory profit for those holders who for reasons of timing or whatever, will wish to take the money and run. Most other holders will be more eager to buy than sell, so the SP will rise nicely. After such an initial demo, there will likely be a significant Cap Raise offering new shares at the new level of pricing that will fund the company's first couple of years of expansion into selling the chips to the industry. Additional raises may or may not be required after that depending on the revenues that those sales generate.

Naturally, when that raise happens I for one would like to think that the company will see fit to look after all us tenacious long term holders by offering pro-rata shares. It's nice to be thanked for vision and loyalty.
    Last edited by BobF: 01/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.