MKR 8.82% 3.7¢ manuka resources ltd.

@GT55 im not sure id call it opposing - more a different angle....

1. 9,782 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3485
    @GT55

im not sure id call it opposing - more a different angle. i dont discard fundamentals ever

and you are right that new ops generally get marked harder on aisc disappointment vs developer stories that are simply low or negative implied margin

thats why i said bet size and timing is key to me

i worked in a small single miner stock at one point - so know only too well precisely the kind of issues to which you refer. one pit wall subsides and all of a sudden oompf - right in the aisc

this is precisely why silver mines are often called widowmakers - they typically run with very high leverage - heroes in bull pm cycles, zeroes in a bear

but there's a lot of nuance as a result. these arent really value investor players - they are leverage plays. but having mine assets do offer a bit of a proxy hedge

hence why im a buyer down here and not above 50c

there are small silver mines in mexico running sub 30 g/t Ag profitably - not many and they are heap leach so lower mill cost

but talking opex vs revs on silver there is all so much 'he said she said' to me - because im not in the room with the comps.

so - occam;s razor

its a gold stock til end of year and a negligible mining cost stockpile processor for at least ~9 months after that

so there's probably 12 months before the market sees the whites of the eyes you concerned about - and i strongly suspect you;re overshooting on your aisc but without a detailed mine plan, strip and production plan i dont see any point in worrying about it

the gold and silver price + mt boppy fcf will set the stock direction for a long long time yet

running 4.3g/t gold with a few things going right you could get a $4-5m dec quarter and the whole complexion changes

but as i said - i wouldnt have taken an exposure if i wasnt seeing positive signs re gold and silver prices

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MKR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
0.003(8.82%)
Mkt cap ! $28.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.5¢ 3.8¢ 3.5¢ $69.06K 1.902M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 80001 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.9¢ 442823 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MKR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.