TLM 3.45% 28.0¢ talisman mining limited

To keep track and as I see this a separate valuation methodology...

1. 377 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 294
    To keep track and as I see this a separate valuation methodology to the cashflow valuation I put up here:

TALISMAN MINING LIMITED (ASX:TLM) - Cash Flow Valuation for TLM, page-1 - HotCopper | ASX Share Prices, Stock Market & Share Trading Forum

If I look at this TLM and use a recent transaction (22nd March 2021) by MIN to buy out a royalty - for the basis of this analysis:

MINERAL RESOURCES LIMITED (ASX:MIN) - Ann: WGX: Westgold Sells Lithium Assets, page-1 - HotCopper | ASX Share Prices, Stock Market & Share Trading Forum

Note: This transaction was completed at 10x Royalty + some very marginal unexplored lithium permits.

1. Royalty Presently 9 million per annum (assuming iron prices lower than today) and increasing once MIN receives final WA govt approval to expand to 10 mpta. Ground work already completed and as per MIN corporate presentation plant and equipment are plug and play so rapid deployment and commissioning (less than 12 months).

MIN bought out last royalty payment at 10 x royalty payment.= 90 million valuation today / 180 million valuation in 12 months.

2. Copper asset with grades hitting 11% in Australia and with copper price booming, but let us assume the copper assets are no better than the lithium assets so we will apply 0 value

3. Gold asset - in a terrific location but let us also assume no value

4. Cash at bank end of year should be AUD 10.5 million - this should be included

5. Tax losses being held by company are AUD 30.0million + so the tax equivalent benefit at 30% tax rate is a value of AUD 10 million.

So if we assume 0 value for permits and current assets held by the company then the potential transaction value looks like this in my opinion:

1. Royalty 90 million (based on prior MIN transaction to buy out a royalty)
    +
    2. Cash 10.5 million
    +
    3. Tax losses 10.0 million

= 115 million vs 27 million (share price as of close yesterday).

310% upside assuming not value for existing permits and prior drilling.

What I like the most about TLM is that as a shareholder there is no need for the company to dilute me as the royalties pay for all exploration expenditure with very minimal head office costs.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
-0.010(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $52.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.5¢ 27.5¢ $130.2K 463.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 109324 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.0¢ 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.49pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.