LRS 10.9% 25.5¢ latin resources limited

Just to add on top of the "oversupply" thesis that floats out...

1. 1,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404
    Just to add on top of the "oversupply" thesis that floats out around there, if we go through the hypothetical macro situation where demand really does skyrocket for lithium, cobalt and nickel and assume that does eventuate, even if there is an oversupply of juniors you have to remember at the end of the day it's speculative mining for them.

What I mean by this is that these juniors not only have to find and prove a resource, they then need to carry it through to production. While the macro case will make this easier on them, only the viable projects will get through the finance stage. This means they must stack up with not only good size and grade, but also geographical location with good supporting infrastructure, alongside good economics to send it to end users.

This might sound like I'm being bearish but it's actually the opposite. The bad projects which don't stack up financially are going to still not progress to production, which means that an oversupply of juniors is not as concerning an issue in my opinion as it's blown up to be. Quality projects that have a high chance of moving to production are going to be favored by financiers. Quality projects will get built regardless of arguing. There's even an argument to be made that in a mild recession quality projects would be looked at as safe hedges by a number of institutions.

I often see people arguing about their specific projects (such as on Nickel stocks for example) but at the end of the day that sort of discussion is pretty pointless IMO. If the project stacks up and the projected demand increase from analysts is actually true, fellow mines are not competitors but actually beneficial as juniors can share tech, experience and more in order to not fall prey to bigger entities seeking to take advantage of their smaller position.

It's not a team you need to barrack for and I would welcome seeing all good lithium projects developed as it will make investment more comfortable with the idea of pushing these projects to development.

^ Just my opinion, dyor
    Last edited by Giovanni33: 26/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.5¢
Change
0.025(10.9%)
Mkt cap ! $714.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 25.8¢ 23.5¢ $2.312M 9.306M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 48910 25.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.5¢ 1205398 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.3¢
  Change
0.025 ( 7.81 %)
Open High Low Volume
23.8¢ 25.5¢ 23.8¢ 3688872
Last updated 15.59pm 17/05/2024 ?
LRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.