RXM 0.00% 44.0¢ rex minerals limited

@arsenicHi mate, I was watching Gaurav from The Intelligent...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    @arsenic

Hi mate, I was watching Gaurav from The Intelligent Investor on "T.he C.all" yesterday. The episode in question was from a few days ago: Monday 23rd October. He was talking about IGO (Viewer Pick 1").

Gaurav said "it's delusional, a complete waste of corporate time; never gonna happen" to think that buyers of a commodity care about how much energy or carbon has been used to produce it. "Nobody gives a cr*p about the providence or how green it is". I was surprised to hear this.

For someone so knowledgeable about materials, Gaurav seems negative on almost every commodity he's presented with. He also believes there will be no copper shortage because there is so much focus on it in 2023, and that technology will find a way to squeeze more out of existing mines. Looks like we're all going nowhere!

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5701/5701303-2ebf983cdf53be6ce08f87dd5fe85398.jpg

Surely end-users, governments and companies are moving towards lower emissions and demanding this from suppliers. I can't imagine buyers of vehicles are going to continue accepting Chinese synergetic graphite, Congolese cobalt and copper from highly polluting regions. It is completely against the whole idea of saving the planet from a perceived grave risk of climate change. Banks won't even lend to thermal coal companies now. And insurance is difficult to obtain.

Rex has recently said that being in SA with renewable energy and the ESG component has been very well received by companies they've discussed the project with. If ESG is so meaningless and nobody cares where the metals come from, why is the world bothering to electrify everything.

Given that Rex makes a point of focusing on this in its presentations, I'm wondering what your (and others') opinion is?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.