AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Exactly. However, AVZ have been telling everyone that the deal...

1. 1,839 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 616
    Exactly. However, AVZ have been telling everyone that the deal has been closed and indicating that Dathomir have taken receipt of the funds, but in fact AVZ are still holding the funds by proxy!! Amazing admission really..

It flies in the face of everything people have been saying on here and twitter for months.

The problem is, AVZ took a very long time to make that $20 million payment (was it 2 years..?). I believe the argument is that Dathomir backed out of the sale well before the date the AVZ made the payment, which is why it was transferred back and now held by proxy. And which is why Dathomir was successful in the DRC courts against AVZ over this 15% stake... IMO

Now, whether or not Dathomir had a right to back out of the sale may be contested by AVZ, hence the ICC case, but one court has already sided with Dathomir at least. I'm not sure if this can be classified as corruption or not, or if they legitimately had a legal right to back out. I wouldn't rush to believe AVZ management on this one.
    Last edited by john_utah: 01/11/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.