BCB 12.5% 0.7¢ bowen coking coal limited

Coal stocks aren't being valued on earnings two/three years from...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,263 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1030
    Coal stocks aren't being valued on earnings two/three years from today. Therefore, I can't see how a 10-15c price is achievable in 6-9 months... but... the market can do some funny things. Reading this forum, it looks like a lot of people bought into the hype of Bluff and over estimated the ability of a new player, paid to high a price and now don't want to let it go. I do like this company, but, it's not worth 40c again anytime soon. I'm happy to watch and take my time.

Look again at the numbers in that screen grab I posted above. It uses a PE of 8x... no other coal company trades on such high multiples. Maybe Alpha Metallurgical Resources trades with a five x multiple, but, that's a special case with aggressive buybacks.

@seenitb4 makes a good case with multiples, however, while us$90/t is a reasonable standard to aim for within the industry, its on the low side for BCB. I believe that the company should be able to lower costs, but, there are inherent costs which will make that us$90 cost difficult to achieve, railing, demurrage and port logistics being one of the more difficult challenges. Is that a $34/t railing/port cost? There's no spare capacity on the peak downs rail line and the distal ports are obviously more expensive to use. The challenge of building and retaining a skilled workforce will also be a drag on costs.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5932/5932483-614af61141c5bd438360371ad14b1b11.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.