BCB 0.00% 5.4¢ bowen coking coal limited

Here am again. There are only a few supporting coal, and a...

1. 3,927 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    Here am again. There are only a few supporting coal, and a myriad falling all over lithium for the past two or four years. But who is making the money in general?
    I was interested in Liontown when they were a few cents. Said on HC that the whole electric car thing etc. was bonkers on that site and the tirades that brought from the herd was quite big. So, I figured if these many punters were crazy on this, who am I to worry and bought a couple of hundred thou at a few cents. Up they went faster and faster till they hit $3.00 at one stage. Of course I sold a lot too early but still made a bundle. If they want to give me their money, who am I to argue?

Repeat here, some calculations you can do. Multiply the planned number of vehicles by the lithium required per each battery for the demand side. Now go on Google and research all the world resources. W.A. in Oz produces the most by far. Greenbushes, Pilbara, No1 and No 2 by a large margin, and Liontown will come in about fifth. There is not remotely enough Lithium in the world to make all those batteries. Then add demands for mega batteries for grids. Its all mad, just mad.
    Where are the dividends though? Check Whitehaven lately. A little while back its profit was bigger than BHP. Yes, a despised coal miner mining mainly low grade energy coal. Motza dividends. Buybacks. A lot of (stupid woke) banks won't lend on coal now. Who is having the last laugh?

With the electric car crash in progress and manufacturers running for the exit, I smile a wry grin.... Told ya.

Regarding high mining costs remember the operation is yet new, and there is a lot of pre-stripping needed to produce. These are expensed as they occur. The initial cut is the most expensive. Ellensfield is being opened up now. It takes time and money. Now that Bluff is behind us, and Ellensfield is in production expect the cost curve to decline substantially. They had about $70 million in cash(?) a little while back and an $11 million deferred royalty payment to Qld govt numbsters is going out this quarter. I'm expecting a good profit this quarter, and rising cash.

On top of that this one is currently capitalised at about $13 0 million or so. Crazy. Soon quarterly profits will approach this, I reckon. Got to be a gift, once in a blue moon opportunity?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $153.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.4¢ 5.7¢ 5.3¢ $78.20K 1.413M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43122 5.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.6¢ 173880 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.4¢
  Change
0.000 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.4¢ 5.7¢ 5.3¢ 166623
Last updated 15.58pm 10/05/2024 ?
BCB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.