LPD 0.00% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

Hi @EDTD. I believe you've probably spoken for us all. The delay...

1. 439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2078
    Hi @EDTD. I believe you've probably spoken for us all. The delay in finalising our finance would be trying enough if it occurred during a lithium boom, allowing us a tolerable share price while we wait. At our present share price however, it's agonising and therefore easily becomes worrisome.

Some thoughts:
    • I agree with @ktex7 re "typical government red tape issues." Another company I hold has been waiting 3 years for expansion approval in Argentina, seriously testing the patience of shareholders. As @ktex7 also points out, we have already received approval from arms of the UAE government. We know they are keen to have us there and are publicly embracing green initiatives. Personally, I don't feel we're at risk of coming away empty-handed.
    • @In4apenny's point (in Post #: 72262376) that other layers of approval will be necessary with additional jurisdictions involved could easily stretch timelines. The more parties, the more exchanging of info, etc.
    • I imagine most government departments in the UAE would have been very busy leading up to COP28, which concluded not even 2 months ago. Possibly matters relating to anything not COP28 related were met with less urgency, given the looming pressing events? Hopefully the Lepidico file is now closer to the top of the agenda.
    • Perhaps different advantages accompany different UAE state organisations? As we received an incredible (imo) 66 submissions for Phase 2 locations in the US and have now narrowed our choices down to 2, based on practical and financial benefits, there are probably attendant details pertinent to Phase 1's capex and/or opex. Of course, funding interest rates, but terms, possibly easier/cheaper access to green hydrogen and who knows what other decisions are before our management, as well as the UAE government bodies.

On possible "competitive tension between UAE and USA over the P2 location," my understanding is that our Phase 1 plant proves up our tech at scale, allowing Phase 2 plants to roll out globally. If this is the case, the location of Phase 2 is not an either/or scenario. Have more to add on this, but given the hour, will tomorrow. Hope some of this helps and also interested to hear others' thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $1.343K 447.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 47763637 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 59957080 55
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ 1242095
Last updated 15.58pm 28/05/2024 ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.