LPD 0.00% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

Glad to hear, @EDTD. I'm sure we've all been brainstorming like...

1. 439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2078
    Glad to hear, @EDTD. I'm sure we've all been brainstorming like mad, trying to make sense of the extreme disconnect between our disheartening share price and our tech's capabilities, our management's achievements and our company's prospects.

Additional thoughts on funding approval delay:
    • Three years ago, when our discussions with the US DFC first began, I remember Joe saying more than once in interviews that it's some of the most difficult finance to obtain. Advantageous, low rates, but lots of hoops to jump through. Well, we've seen that now, haven't we? Time consuming and exacting for our management, I'm sure, but we have successfully cleared all due diligence hurdles and are now down to the last one: legal. In my opinion, this is arguably less consequential in a potentially deal-breaking way than obtaining previous compliance has been. Easier to find agreeable parties, or even to change parties, than to change our tech, for example. (Remember the plate and frame filters selected by Behre Dolbear Australia, the independent engineer appointed by the DFC?)
    • Both JW and GJ are thorough and meticulous. Through Lepidico's entire journey, at every level, they have selected that which will best serve our company's prospects. Our tech's versatile capabilities, our general managers, locations, suppliers, contractors, etcetera. No decision is slapdash. They are fastidiously and responsibly setting Lepidico up for success.
    • Stating the bleeding obvious, financially, the present environment is, shall we say, somewhat constrained. High interest rates, macro lithium sentiment low, lithium prices low. Even the robust, near-term producer, market darling LTR is experiencing set backs securing finance. Everyone here who holds shares in other lithium sector companies would have their own stories of management making difficult decisions on what to prioritise, what to place on the back burner, how to remain financially viable. Everyone wants their pound of flesh, but I trust that our management are doing their best to cut us shrewd deals.

There is one further key point for me, around which everything else revolves, that I'll share tomorrow, in the daylight hours.

I'll end here with a random extract from our 30 September 2022 quarterly report that I fell upon when searching for something else. It's but one example (and reminder) of how exhaustive the DFC's requirements are. Highlighting is mine.

Sustainability
    Adherence to the International Finance Corporation (IFC), World Bank, Development FinanceCorporation (DFC) and IRMA standards/requirements will be required to secure lending from DFC for the Phase 1 development at Karibib. To this end, a series of Group level Policies and Standards have been developed. The Board approved People, Climate Change and updated Human Rights Policies in September. Meanwhile Standards have been completed for Crisis Management, Fitness for Work, and Resettlement & Land-use. Further Standards are in advanced draft for completion in the December 2022 quarter.

Lepidico has continued to work closely with the DFC environment and social team to meet its requirements, which includes the Environment and Social Action Plan.
    Last edited by kellectric: 08/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $1.343K 447.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 47763637 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 59957080 55
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.4¢ 0.3¢ 1242095
Last updated 15.58pm 28/05/2024 ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.