LPD 0.00% 0.2¢ lepidico ltd

Thanks, @EDTD. I didn't take it as such. We can have no idea...

1. 439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2079
    Thanks, @EDTD. I didn't take it as such. We can have no idea whether part of our funding comes through PACE or Masdar or any other government affiliate. Shareholders will hopefully be able to be fully informed on the details of our final funding package, but if it involves lithium offtake for one of the "multinational corporations for strategic investment" (first sentence of our last quarterly report) or the anonymous Tier 1 battery manufacturer previously interested, will we? Only time and an ASX announcement will answer how management will balance the necessity of, as you put it yesterday, "maintaining commercial in confidence and reporting in full to shareholders."

This brings me to Part 2 of my post a few hours ago. Thanks to LPD's detailed quarterlies and company announcements over many years, we know there's a whole lot going on, but thanks to our NDAs and our Traxys offtake, we don't know the details, as everyone is uncomfortably aware. Shareholders are repeatedly assured there's a forest of global opportunities for Lepidico, but without being able to see the individual trees, doubts have arisen for many. When our finance is announced and plans progress, shareholders' concerns will certainly be allayed and nerves calmed, but we may never know the full story.

We also know there's a whole lot going on globally in the EV and renewable energy industries and that (imo) our management seem to be doing a fine job of positioning Lepidico to take full advantage of numerous opportunities. Whilst unhappy with our share price, I am and have been very comfortable with our progress and prospects. In hindsight, my extensive reading over the years has played no small part in my confidence and it is for this reason I try to share bits and pieces here.

I've just remembered, as an example, that my first HC post a few years ago, during the gloomy depths of the previous lithium slump, was sharing an article on Source Certain International, an Australian company whose tracing technology Cornish Lithium announced they would be employing. This was around the time the European Commission announced battery passports enforcing ESG compliance and I thought this could be a good thing for Lepidico, potentially trumpeting our technology.

I'd forgotten all about Source Certain, but just looked them up now. On their website, the tab Minerals and exploration offers this sentence under Recent projects:

"Recently we have worked with companies to extract and purify high purity alumina from a range of different aluminium containing materials,
    developed protocols for extraction of a range of strategic metals from complex ores and completed test work to support the development of a lithium hydroxide product."

Is this work they're doing for Cornish Lithium? Possibly, but I haven't been on their website for a while, so maybe not, but it's interesting nonetheless. Anyway, the point of this big waffle is to clarify that I certainly don't presume to know which pies our management's fingers are in. We may never know if our LiOH is in the Lexus EVs Toyota will sell in the UAE or in the car any of us may one day buy. At the end of the day, it won't matter, when our contracts are securely in place, profits roll in and P2s roll out.

Something to add tomorrow re Phase 2, caesium and Europe. Cheers all and here's the link to Source Certain. They're a fascinating company.
    https://www.sourcecertain.com/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
176 202034476 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 108832658 59
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.