LPD 0.00% 0.2¢ lepidico ltd

"Yet the stockpiles were included in the indicated resource...

1. 864 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1613
    "Yet the stockpiles were included in the indicated resource estimate around this time last year, wouldn't that then include them in the phase 1 project."

It seems you have misunderstood the relevant components of this project @fnqricko. Of course the stockpiles were included in the mineral resource estimates. They are a component of the mine site and lithium estimates for the asset.

The P1 project stands up without the need for inclusion of the stockpiles as feedstock. It was the non-stockpile feedstock resource that was identified to DFC as part of the P1 project (that's what needs funding). It would be deceptive to seek funding from DFC to establish a mine and concentrator plant for a resource that was already beneficiated and stockpiled!

"...it seems strange they need to know we have secured finance for P1 before they release funds for the concentrator refurbishment mine start up etc. since that would give us a better chance of survival and eventually getting P1 up and running and be aiding Namibia at the same time, which is what they are trying to achieve in the first place?"

DFC is not waiting for LPD to secure finance for P1. DFC is waiting to undertake legal due diligence on the (Abu Dhabi) strategic partners. The partners have not been identified by the Abu Dhabi government. That is the stumbling block.

In post #: 72150625 touching on the same issue, you asked why DFC don't just fund Karibib, with no concern about where the downstream product goes. Clearly there would be a problem if US taxpayer funds were used to fund a project that sold all of it output to a party that was opposed to US interests. I would not expect DFC to fund a uranium mine that was supplying to its product to Iran.

The sale of the beneficiated ore has nothing to do with the mine at Karibib. The ore has already been mined. It has already been concentrated. It just needs to be shipped from Karibib (and does not need to be processed at KEZAD). As such, it is outside the scope of the application for DFC funding.

Investors were aware that Desert Lion had shipped beneficiated ore to Jinhui prior to the acquisition. The Board were cautious in its application to DFC not be be deceptive. At the same time, the Board were prudent to keep open the possibility of selling more beneficiated ore (just like Desert Lion did) to raise funds. If that option did not need to be exercised, then shipping the stockpiles to KEZAD was an alternative.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $17.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.2¢ $45.58K 22.78M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
123 278477800 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 9034908 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.