LPD 0.00% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 5B Cash Flow Report, page-380

1. 480 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 360
    The article referenced by Bullrush indicates they (Titan) intend to import ore from Zimbabwe mines they own to produce lithium carbonate and or hydroxide for ev battery manufacturers possibly that may establish in UAE . However in news from Zimbabwe we see that a Reuters article by Nelson Banya and Nyasha Chingono "Zimbabwe orders lithium miners to submit refinery plans by March 2024 " a excerpt from the article states:

"Presenting the 2024 national budget, Ncube ( Finance minister for Zimbabwe) said the government does not regard the current production of concentrates by miners in the country as beneficiation, a process in which raw minerals are improved to add value.Any lithium value addition process that does not result in the production of lithium carbonate is not regarded as beneficiation. Lithium producing companies should submit their beneficiation plans no later than 31 March 2024, Ncube said."
    So Zimbabwe no longer allows beneficiated concentrate to be exported. it must be refined in Zimbabwe. The predominantly Chinese miners point out that Zimbabwe really does not have sufficient energy supply etc. for refinery production. However a number are intending to refine there, or say they will. Stockpiles of ore are apparently building up, and there is some doubt the government will be able to make the new law stick.

Firstly I wonder how Titan is going to get concentrate out of Zimbabwe unless they have a pre written agreement seems a bit tenuous to me either way,
    that could easily backfire when dealing with African nations, considering they now prefer fully integrated production.

Secondly it is obvious the countries in Africa want to value add as much as possible and are putting more demands on the mining industry and downstream refineries. It therefore would not surprise that Namibia may follow suit and ultimately insist that the lithium ore mined in their country be also converted to carbonate and hydoroxide forms in Namibia. .LPD would have the same problems as miners in Zimbabwe, the up front cost of energy and energy infrastructure being a major problem and sourcing building materials and reagents in particular sulphuric acid at an economical price in Namibia.

i guess it somewhat depends on how successful Zimbabwe is in enforcing this new law of downstream refining.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $1.368K 456.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
187 227065175 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 51773540 34
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.39pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
0.2¢
  Change
0.000 ( 20.0 %)
Open High Low Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ 1388166
Last updated 14.03pm 16/05/2024 ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.