SYA 12.1% 3.7¢ sayona mining limited

A very good rational post pondering the questions that should be...

1. 13,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4460
    A very good rational post pondering the questions that should be pondered and not an emotional rant which changes nothing.
    This is lust a small mining JV re starting a a Lithium project with a troubled past so was never going to be easy, all mines can make money if the price is right but survival is all about dealing with low prices not high prices and we are not there yet and aren't expected to be untill sometime in the second half of this CY.
    We dont even know what " there" is yet but needs to be close to $US700t IMO and we simply won't know what our final ASIC will be untill everything is settled in at nameplate for a cou0le of quarters.

There are a few things should see production costs head down over the year.

1: Stockpiles at the ROM are at good levels and likely only need to be maintained going forward, this buildup has distorted mining costs over the last two quarters and that should end.
    2: Spring has arrived in Canada so mining gets easier and the dome will help next winter and they will have had a winters worth of experience..ramp ups are very challenging, according to BL we were on target for nameplate last August/ September.!!
    3: Now they have decided to proceed with Commissioning the jaw crusher that along with the Dome and the re feed, which are already in the process of Commissioning plus increased production will progressively lower production costs...if not we are toast in a low price environment.
    4: Add to that a continuing reduction in capex.
    5: They will be through underground section of the mine which will reduce mining costs.
    6: QP final payments will favour us if spod prices rise.
    7: Most parameters at the mine with the big exception being mill utilisation and the above is largely all about improving that.. Would also be nice to see 5.5% or better.
    8: Production is on the rise which is not always great if selling at a loss but is a requirement to reduce costs, such is life as a miner.

So on the cost front there is plenty of scope for reductions , on the spod price front we are at the mercy of the market, as always. The spot market is not the ideal place during a product surplus but can be the best in a time of shortage.The aim is an OTA with a more stable profile.

The World hasn't has ended, we are still in production , have around $112m in cash and no debt but it's certainly not a comfortable position to be in.
    I have done and still do believe we have the right people in place for what we need to have done at the moment , one thing I would like to see the new PR man do is bring in a quarterly conference call where questions can be asked.

Cheers Whisky

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.7¢
Change
0.004(12.1%)
Mkt cap ! $380.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.7¢ 3.3¢ $3.949M 110.5M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 5568170 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.8¢ 12425717 32
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.7¢
  Change
0.004 ( 12.1 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.4¢ 3.7¢ 3.4¢ 30852612
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.