SYA 0.00% 3.3¢ sayona mining limited

Really!...sounds like a rant to me from someone who wasn't...

1. 3,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1115
    Really!...sounds like a rant to me from someone who wasn't present at the JV meetings so hasn't a clue what was involved.

Supposedly I havent a clue of whats involved...... LOL I strongly suggest you go back and read the flipping Operational Review whisky.....
    The market conditions IE spot pricing was put last on the list of discussed reasonings from Brown ANNNNNDDDD I might add that the last one was on "anticipation" of a recovery in Spot price. Without naming any independent sector analysts to substantiate the claim.....

Sayona’s Interim CEO, James Brown said: “The NAL operational review was a critical exercise to
    ensure we are optimising our resources and positioning Sayona for long-term success.
    Importantly, there is clear line of sight towards achieving steady state production in 2024, while
    NAL will further benefit from capital improvements such as the Crushed Ore Dome
    . Process plant
    recoveries have exceeded expectations, a significant milestone in any ramp-up, with multiple new
    daily production records achieved in March.
    Throughout this process, a key consideration was the direct impact on our dedicated workforce
    and host communities. This review has also validated our approach to continue to assess capital
    improvement initiatives that will increase production or lower unit operating costs.
    “Looking forward, we will regularly evaluate NAL operations in the ordinary course of business
    based on prevailing market conditions and the ability to achieve our operating cost targets. We
    are confident that this approach to considering alternatives and maintaining optionality will enable
    Sayona to maximise value for shareholders ahead of an anticipated recovery in the lithium market.
    "Over the long term, we remain optimistic about the demand profile for spodumene concentrate
    and other lithium chemicals. With high quality lithium resources, Sayona is well positioned as a
    reliable, strategic supplier of lithium products to serve the North American EV and battery market
    as the energy transition accelerates.”

1) blah blah blah steady state production and benefits of the capex items to help lower cost
    2) we love our workforce and want them to suck on the teat of SYA SH and therefore they were a big consideration including hush hush our own fat pay cheques and KPIs.
    3) anticipate a lithium comeback......

There are a multitude of sources out there discussing lithium price forecasts. Goldman Sachs has said they saw the recent uptick in spot price as a short cover. So long term expect it to be more bearish.A quick look at SMM shows only a marginal uptick with even over the last few days no gains and just relatively stable.Various other sources predict only a slight gradual uptick between now and 2026 before a drop down to ~1000 USD/t.

Say what you like about what I am saying is a rant Whiskers. The reality is again they are playing roulette on the spot market being favourable in 6-12months time with investor funds. Rather than taking a conservative approach. But hey we will see, coin goes in maybe they hit the jackpot in 6-12M with a steep rise against many analysts.........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $339.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.2¢ $666.7K 20.22M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
137 24096599 3.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.3¢ 1219029 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 2.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
3.3¢ 3.4¢ 3.3¢ 8846881
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
SYA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.