STK 2.38% 8.2¢ strickland metals limited

Met Peter Langworthy, new director STK, at one of the meetings I...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8717
    Met Peter Langworthy, new director STK, at one of the meetings I attended yesterday. Had a brief chat.

He pulled back from corporate levels at some point after his role as a director for CMM in 2016 era. For the last 4 years or so he has been working/consulting for STK on the Yandal project and as part of the due diligence team for the Serbian acquisition. He mentioned Jon Hronsky's skills and work ethic. The value someone like JH can bring to a project is an ability to absorb and integrate the available data and present possible ways forward for exploration. I have met a number of consultant geos like JH and their way of thinking and analysing a project is like a breath of fresh air - why didn't we think of that. May not have an impact but morale improves and everyone learns a little.

The above and below are paraphrased from memory - treat with care as general background.

At another companies GM I happened to ask about STK. Protests in Serbia about Jadar/Rio was the comment. I have asked the MD about this issue in the past with the response mentioned in a post from the last GM for STK.

These protests are one of the reasons that Serbia is not considered a good place to have a project by some. The images below may give some context to evaluate the potential impact on STK at Rogozna.

ADT's Balkan location map with some annotations (see distances on another image below).
    ADT have begun mining with only minor technical hiccups reported. Recent court decisions may have some impact as did Native title in Oz.
    The location of Jadar is in the NW part of Serbia in a populous and environmentally/politically sensitive area.
    The Bor deposit was discovered around 1903 and has been in production ever since. Numerous other deposits have been found in the general belt since with some becoming mines both in Serbia and neighbouring Bulgaria.
    Some 60 Kms south of Rogozna is the Trepac district which has around 100 years of mining history.

The location of Rogozna and the mining history are likely to favour any future development over Jadar. The latter does have some judicial support but very strong political opponents which make it a tough ask. ERA and Jabiluka in Oz aren't much different.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6381/6381049-415ac27eed5b572e94406850b80f1c4d.jpg

Borates +- lithium in the Balkans and Turkey (world's largest supplier?)
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6381/6381055-34fb79f8d917bf942c2e6be5bdb304ee.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6381/6381117-80b00d4b5243e519fee7759655b1066a.jpg

=====================

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6381/6381125-a21288f54915eef5bd7c0dbac5308e81.jpg
    I do try and follow the Sentinel updates. Relatively cloudy with some on the last pass 12/8. The image above is for 10/8 with some activity/disturbance at Konik IP and northern Palomino (IP? area) though too subtle to be definitive.

Seems like Palomino drilling is currently on hold or completed. Ditto Warmblood, Mawari, Bronco. Some evidence of tracks being used in southern Great Western area but not currently drill related IMO.

The drill pattern at Konik IP is mildly encouraging. Much denser than the Palo IP work. Probably just the way the program was designed.

How many rigs on site? 3? If so where are they working? What am I missing from Sentinel analysis? Checked the Dusk til Dawn area - nothing obvious. Large land holding with many potential targets along the structural trends and elsewhere so easy to miss.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.