BCB 9.09% 3.0¢ bowen coking coal limited

I suspect savvy market participants can deduce the issues with...

1. 5,040 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5074
    I suspect savvy market participants can deduce the issues with the rail and port backlogs (a core issue for BCB right now) via a number of external means without being considered accessing 'inside' information. There's also quite a bit of information in other company reports that you can use to make some quick judgments on Bowen's situation. For example, putting aside the mid-quarter pump which a lot of coal companies got, at the start of the quarter, 2 April, BCB was trading at $0.05. On Thursday 18 July it was trading at $0.06. On 19 July WHC reported their results and the rail issues in the Bowen basin got a fair bit of airtime on the call. Thereafter, BCB traded extremely weakly in the run up to their own quarterly on 29 July. Given every single quarterly in the past couple of years has effectively delivered bad news, it's hardly surprising under those circumstances it would sell off in the lead up to its own release. And the timing says a lot... the later they leave it, the less likely it contains good news.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BCB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.