CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,845 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1111
    Hi eshmun,
    Thanks for your reply.
    To be honest, I think the past is irrelevant in terms of judging the fuiture benefits of owning TBR
    If there was an injustice done in the way that EVN obtained its shares, then that is irrelevant in relation to the future of TBR, unless there is judicial action taken to deal with any injustice (however, from your comments, that sounds an impossibility and so you have to live with it). I guess, you have now answered my question.
    I bought TBR based on its apparent valuation, which in relation to other gold producers looks rather low. As a small retail investor, I have no influence over its valuation, but I look for "undervalued" companies to invest in. I also invest widely in gold companies as risk protection and even have a few shares in EVN for historical reasons. Nevertheless, I have no expectations of a TO for TBR and my question in regard to EVN is simply because they stand out as a significant shareholder.
    I share some of your thinking in regard to markets, capatilistic corruption and fatalism. However, the difficulty is where to invest in order to preserve value? Previous inflationary periods would indicate that borrowing and investing in property or other hard assets is profitable. I am currently investing in gold and at my stage of life, I eschew borrowing so that I can sleep in peace. Property is mosty likely going to devalue in the medium term as mortgage sales kick in and before inflation takes hold. But even then, rent controls are likely to impinge, apart from the issues of managing tenants and keeping properties in order.
    Whether I can survive financially in the face of a massive crash is an open question. Already my dividend and interest income has been savaged after selling out of most of my non-gold shares and so that leaves capital gain as a providing source. Gold is hopefully a retention of value rather than a source of income but of course, success on the goldfields with company revaluation is equivalent to income.
    At present, I am waiting for the next market retracement as a buy opportunity, especially of gold and gold shares. Beyond that, I cannot make plans, other than to sell down again on a subsequent bounce..
    History is a lesson but it does not repeat itself in exactly the same manner and so watchfulness is needed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TBR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.