WMC 0.00% 20.5¢ wiluna mining corporation limited.

100% correct Monty. Sorry to read that some on here have been...

1. 610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 756
    100% correct Monty. Sorry to read that some on here have been caught up in a poorly managed company but also, got caught up believing the spin that a few are happy to peddle for their own benefit. And despite what some may claim about share trading forums having no effect on people buying or selling into a stock, for some folk, they get their first introduction to a sector or stock on this forum.

You are correct about the two posters you mention. I know them personally and professionally and the only reason they decided to even post on here, was to try and warn people about the MO of persons who are only too happy to spin, twist and make up stuff to profit at the expense of others. It takes a little digging to get to the truth but the leopard usually doesn't change it's spots throughout life?

And those that are happy to plug one stock can also try and disparage another based on nothing other than a personal dislike for others that have far more knowledge than they, or will call them out on their dishonesty and motives or that they lost out badly on a punt that was always destined to struggle so don't wish to see others do well on a competitor that has down the hard yards, survived and is well positioned for the future. Some of the no research rubbish I've seen thrown up on the forum where I own shares is mind boggling and it would take me all day to list the serial downramps and sneaky posts of some that are nothing more than a crude attempt to take advantage of the lesser informed readers for their own personal gain.

I'm not naive to think there are only a handful of people doing this on HC. But even some of the more active full time day traders don't resort to the tactics of the few bad apples that make out they own truckloads of stock but in reality, are pocket change traders.

So my best wishes for those that are holding or needing to get out. Thankfully there are opportunities to hopefully make back any losses here and thrive somewhere else. I'll also be more than happy to keep an eye out for the posters and their tactics that need calling out in the future. A good lesson for all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.