HMD 4.17% 2.3¢ heramed limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities & Cashflow Report, page-16

1. 2,228 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 912
    mate, it's pretty easy to contact companies directly, particularly at this level of market cap. At the end of every announcement they have the contact details of however wrote and/or authorised it's release as well as a CEO or Chairman or director etc. Just send an email or give them a call. Ron is pretty good at getting back to people, David in Israel is on a shitty time delay so it's always a day or 2 in between replies at the best of times, Tim is the investor relations bloke over here and is a good guy to have a chat with. I've got considerably more money invested in BHP than HMD but there is ZERO chance that a director would call me back to explain a company result... cool thing about these spec sized companies is that often the CEO will answer the phone. I tip in for each capital raise and I have lots of shares in HMD so I probably get pretty good treatment in terms of phone/zoom calls etc but I ask lots of dumb questions, never let being dumb hold you back!

I was at a dinner last year with some admirals, brigadier generals, top arms dealers, some other heavy hitters in cyber warfare and some Canberra types as the dinner was in Canberra... anyway 2 of the Cyber guys working on the same ADF contract who knew each other personally had ZERO idea that they were actually creating problems for each other, I simply asked one of them if he knew the other bloke and what he did for a living... they looked at me like I was THE dumbest person on earth.. then they both calmly explained in slow voices to me (as I was clearly very very dumb...) and mid sentence one of them realised that they were each others impediment... turned out being super dumb resulted in a room full of extremely grown up and senior people thinking that I am some sort of god of networking and have an uncanny ability to know exactly what people's capabilities are.... smart people are often the dumbest ones in the room, dumb people often are no where near as dumb as they think they are. Growing up I kept reading comments about medieval Arabic poetry and how beautiful a language it was and how medieval Arabic poetic expression carried the soul to heights that no other language had the capacity to do... I think that someone who put in too many years at uni learning Arabic poetry of the medieval period was able to parade around expressing these sentiments as no one would be bothered learning medieval Arabic let alone reading poetry in that language hence no one challenged the statement and it became accepted academic truth that medieval Arabic was a poetic language capable of greater emotional expression than French or English... absolute horseshit is often paraded around as fact until some dumbass asks a dumb question that stops the super smart people mid sentence and they then realise their own self indulged foolishness. Apparently medieval Arabic doesn't translate well into any modern language, English, French, Hebrew etc and the only way you can experience the eloquent ebullience is to learn it yourself.... then after a decade at uni you can read the poetry and make up your own mind.... absolute horseshit.

Now as to the gist of the gist of my mutterings.... I am of the belief that as HMD haven't done a supertastic job of execution so far there is no reason to believe their claims that they are going to be great at execution moving forward. The harsh reality is that HD is tiny and needs these deals to stave off a capital raise and to grow organically, sadly they are dealing with MASSIVE going concerns that aren't in any hurry to complete anything. That doesn't mean that HMD isn't trying with all they have or that they are failing it is just the reality that I believe that delays are inevitable and being a conservative skeptic I am guessing that a raise will hit the market. It might be at 20, 30, 50c... maybe at 10c... maybe none at all. It is just my own personal hunch. I could be way off. don't quote me on the raise asa no one has penciled one in and the general thoughts are that more revenue is due than last quarter so all should be ok.... unless that too is like the arabic poetry and just a bit of horseshit too.... I have horses so I know about these references.... actually my wife has the horses, I can't see the point in owning horses... I just love mowing though and the horses just get in the way..

in summary:
    1. no raise is on the official horizon
    2. my inner skeptic thinks there will be a raise
    3. ask the dumb questions!
    4. don't get horses

hope that helps

its REALLY hot and humid here so I'm wasting time on HC rather than walk outside

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
-0.001(4.17%)
Mkt cap ! $14.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.3¢ 2.3¢ $3.663K 159.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 144714 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.4¢ 75000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.