GOR 1.20% $1.64 gold road resources limited

I noticed your response to my NST post and there you said "GOR...

1. 2,337 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1299
    I noticed your response to my NST post and there you said "GOR was streets ahead of DCN" ... please explain?
    I'm looking to broaden my gold trading portfolio , even though I'm not a gold bull.
    It seems that DCN and GOR have many similarities (and one could extend that to SAR) in that they seem to have good, long mine life deposits, good exploration potential, completely funded and similar AISC - high ASIC stocks must be avoided, as the gold price may not appreciate to save non tier1 assets.
    GOR seems to be larger, but has sold half of its main asset to Gold Fields, and hence has taken out the takeover premium that the others retain (?).
    Canacord had a Dec'16 valuation of $1.10, and Argonaut $0.85 on GOR .... wondering if Mac Bank and others have an April'17 valuation. Interestingly SAR has 236k oz hedged at a lowish $1547/oz ... presumably GOR & DCN have nil. If the gold price sags to sub $1150, then many unhedged stocks will be in trouble, as low AISC seem to be rare without copper and silver credits (EVN Ernst Henry has negative ASIC).
    I'm bearish on the gold price, unless a Le Pen black swan gives a (temporary) Trump lift. TPTB simply cant allow a gold bull to trample their fiat money value. Its just to damn easy for central bank proxies to slam gold (and silver) at will without consequence.
    Even the Russians & Chinese want the status quo to persist.
    They have far more invested in US$ assets than gold. I'm well acquainted with Grant Williams bull gold thesis, but absolutely see no sign of it materialising (see his You Tube video).
    Hence I believe the volatility will continue in the gold price and the AUD making it very difficult to invest long term in gold stocks - they must be traded. So DCN, SAR, GOR or ? Probably depends on entry price and upside potential .... it won't matter what these stocks are doing in 5yr let alone 10yr for the great majority of current investors .... you never go broke taking a profit ... profit has to be divided by time in stock, inflation, missed other opportunities etc, plus risk (geological, geopolitical, market etc). So many punters on HC, so many hard luck stories .... so many near successes .... Obviously I have too much time on my hands.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.64
Change
-0.020(1.20%)
Mkt cap ! $1.776B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.65 $1.65 $1.62 $6.430M 3.935M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11769 $1.63

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.64 91261 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GOR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.