CLB 0.00% $1.10 candy club holdings limited

I think youre misguided with the JB purchase price information....

1. 147 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    I think youre misguided with the JB purchase price information. You could make that argument probably about any company on the asx where the director hasnt bought at higher prices than current market price. Any owner essentially has shares for the idea and early execution of the company (aka 0 to start up costs) but what we know with JB is that he was buying aggressively on market (along with other directors) all the way up to 22c. Regardless of the average purchase price, you dont buy a new parcel at 22c if you want to sell at 18c.

The only logic i can come up with for this is that either
    1. He and the other directors know this is going to keep booming* in revenue and therefore expects a takeover must happen at some point in the future at a much higher price or
    2. He and the other directors know that other companies are looking at candy club currently for a takeover and the directors are trying to drive up the market price to attract more of a premium for the rest of their shares.

Either way its a great scenario.

* on booming, i know they just had a lacklustre quarter by alot of peoples expectations but we know that the candy sales can be lumpy and once smoothed out they are on the same trajectory. I have faith in the July number as we are 3 weeks into the month so its fair to say a majority of this number is actual and not forecast. Retail doors have continued to grow impressively and they are not acquiring new customers at the cost of old ones it seems as the top 25 re order rate continued at 96% if my memory is correct.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.