CLB 0.00% $1.10 candy club holdings limited

Hey, everyone, come over here … that’s the Q1 4C :)The top 3...

1. 2,070 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 263
    Hey, everyone, come over here … that’s the Q1 4C

The top 3 grocery retailers in the US are, depending on how they are being ranked, possibly:

The Kroger Co, Harris Teeter, Smiths (2.759 stores)
    Albertsons, Safeway, Vons (2,323 stores)
    Ahold Delhaze, under Food Lion, Stop&Shop, etc (1,963 stores)

Walmart isn’t officially a grocery, despite being the largest food retailer in the US. So Walmart comes under the second, General Merchandise retailer.

There 1-3 are listed based on 2028 sales as Walmart, Amazon, The Kroger Co and Costco

So while we might think here’s a higher probability that one of the trials is with The Kroger Co., since they sit in both, I’m thinking that they would not have worded it like they did, implying that there are two different companies. If Kroger was one of the two, and the other one was a grocery retailer, would it have said ‘with 2 of the top 3 grocery retailers and 1 of the top 3 general merchandise retailers.’ So like one of those deduction logic puzzles I had as a kid, I’m going to try crossing out Kroger.

So for general merch it’s either Walmart or Amazon.
    For grocery it’s either Albertsons or Delhaize.

At the end of it, whichever ones it is, we have 2 big wins getting trials in there. It shows the expansion strategy works. I would put money on them making the same approaches to at Costco for the international expansion. With larger sizes. Then we get a huge volume going through and reap further economies of scale margin benefits.

Exciting times. Now to wait for announcements about which retailers they are, actual July sales and whatever else they have going on behind the scenes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.