ABR 0.00% $2.65 american pacific borates limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report & Appendix 5B, page-47

1. 1,224 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 227
    Daz, do you just make stuff up?

"All out production attack on existing suppliers"
    The change in production schedule is to merge stages 1a, 1b and 1c together. That amounts to 90ktpa of BA and 80ktpa of SOP. Given peak production is targeted at 450ktpa/400ktpa (6% of the global market), merging 1a-1c is a blip, like 1%. Also the timing of this change vs the original schedule is a one year delay in production to allow for the three stages to be in production one year earlier than originally planned. So you're talking net 12 months bring forward for a small part of total production, and an even tinier part of the global market.

"Normally that just results in your commodity price falling hard"
    Crap. 90ktpa means you're bringing forward 1% of global production by a year. This would have zero impact on prices.

"Overcapacity is not a good thing, and not healthy for anybody, then its a race for the more financially fit you are"
    What does this even mean, given the above lol. I think it's just meant to sound clever.

"I wouldn't like to take on rio or the Turkish govt, they have deep pockets, in a production war. This is what abr faces."
    If bringing forward 90kt by 12 months is enough to start a 'production war' (what even is this) with Eti Maden and Rio then borates would have to be the most spectacular, closely protected resource on the planet, probably enough to get aliens here to attack us all and take it.

You also forget that as part of ABR's shift in strategy, they are looking to increase their focus on specialty products, rather than simply pulling the stuff out of the ground, processing it and shipping it into the global market.

"Let's put out as much supply as we can. Thats not intelligent".
    Saying that it's a bad strategy to supply 1% of the global market a year ahead of schedule is effectively like saying that every new increase in supply for any existing resource in any sector is a dumb strategy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ABR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.