ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    We should also look this september 2018 quarter for the evolution of this important item :

"payments to acquire property, plant, and equipment"

This thus far has been an important cash out-flow / spending drag on the company financial position. My understanding from my conversation with management is that the company should pay the landowners for access to their mineral sands resources (either by acquiring the land from them, or paying them for the right to mine the mineral sands).

It seems many land properties have been acquired by MZI in 2015-2016-2017 through leverage (in order to provide MZI with the necessary time to become cash flow positive) and now MZI should pay the bills, once the bills have been paid, the cash out-flow should decrease gradually in 2019-2021. This is the evolution of those payments (including investment to acquire equipment to optimize + expand production, so we do not have precise data on amounts of money paid just to acquire property from landowners in keysbrook, but better than no data !)

Cash flows from investing activities :

Payments to acquire:

(a) property, plant and equipment ($'000) :

Q2 2018 : 6,712
    Q1 2018 : 1,945
    Q4 2017 : 0,221
    Q3 2017 : 2,155
    Q2 2017 : 3,075
    Q1 2017 : 5,091
    Q4 2016 : 4,309
    Q3 2016 : 0,180
    Q2 2016 : 0,177
    Q1 2016 : 4,245
    Q4 2015 : 5,926

Note that of course when we acquire land properties they become "Assets" and we could sell the lands afterward (most likely at a lower price because we already would have depleted the contained valuable mineral sands in them , but for now we should pay for these and it is a cash-outflow. The mining and mineral sands processing equipment acquisition translates also to more "Assets" in the balance sheet, they have their own amortization and thus decreasing value but IMO most of the equipment would still be economically viable long after the project is executed especially at the Mineral Separation Plant (MSP) in Picton).

BREAKING DOWN 'Property, Plant, and Equipment (PP&E)'

PP&E are physical, tangible assets expected to generate economic benefits for a company for a period of longer than one year. Examples of PP&E include land, buildings, and vehicles. Industries or businesses that require a large number of fixed assets are described as capital intensive.

Read more: Property, Plant And Equipment (PP&E) https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/ppe.asp#ixzz5OXcApmve

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MZI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.