GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Measure twice, build once. If MIN didn't do their job properly...

1. 820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    Measure twice, build once. If MIN didn't do their job properly then they can sit on a cactus.

From an environmental perspective there are a few things that need to happen to mitigate the deleterious impact of climate change.

Since one third of carbon emissions come from private vehicle use then what is required is (a) a big shift to mass transit and (b) for the remaining cars to be EVs.

Why the shift to mass transit? 1) Congestion, 2) EVs still need electricity to charge and that won't be 100% clean energy for a long time, and 3) mining can have a severe impact on the natural environment (see MIN for example).

As noted earlier, the UK will need DOUBLE the current global cobalt production to hit their EV target, 75% of the world's lithium production. One country. So, realistically, a lot more mass transit needs to happen.

But don't worry, there will still be a big demand for lithium for EVs (Including electric buses and ships).

So, the point of my ramble is this - environmentalists must support responsible lithium mining - lithium mining done properly - because we need that lithium for the transition to EVs, for the sake of reducing carbon emissions. Organised environmentalists won't try to shut down every lithium and cobalt mine, but they will target the cowboys who are cutting corners and stuffing things up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.