RED 12.3% 32.0¢ red 5 limited

The Rapu fish kill was a farce. The company stuffed up by...

1. 99 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    The Rapu fish kill was a farce. The company stuffed up by allowing the tails dam to overtop and then a few 100 litres of water with trace cyanide spilled into the ocean. No general manager was on site at the time so the mine manager took it upon himself to report the incident to the MGB as one would in Australia. This raised every alarm and red flag as it was seen that an absolute disaster was being reported; it was totally outside of normal procedures.

The absurd part is that just a few hundred metres away from the spill location (and I never actually saw/heard any evidence of a fish kill attributed to the tails) was runoff from a mine that was on top of a hill run by Japanese interests in the 60's. It was draining acid into the ocean and it was a deadzone where it drained and this had been going on for 30 years+ with zero action.

As Happycats says all was forgiven when Asian interested who can work within a system of making irregular payments got hold of the operation and I believe everyone made good money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RED (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
32.0¢
Change
-0.045(12.3%)
Mkt cap ! $2.176B
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.5¢ 31.5¢ $21.62M 65.95M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3000 32.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
32.5¢ 674965 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RED (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.