ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 854 Posts.
    Good to see that there are a few new posters. I posted that top 20 list a month ago. Those Chinese shareholders came from a capital raising 2 years ago.

Being a shareholder in AGO, as well, I read its HC threads. A post today talks about a significant Chinese investor coming to the Pilbara. I include it below.

April 30, 2010 5:28PM

HANLONG Mining today said it planned to invest $5 billion in Australian miners as part of a strategy to become a fourth force in the country's iron ore sector that would rival BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto and Fortescue Metals Group.
    The Australian subsidiary of Chengdu-based conglomerate Sichuan Hanlong said in a statement today that it had financing from China Development Bank and Export-Import Bank of China to make investments in Australian iron ore assets.

A separate, unspecified amount was available for investments in infrastructure to bring mining products to market, it added.

Last week, Hanlong completed the acquisition of a 57 per cent stake in Moly Mines, a molybdenum miner in Western Australia's Pilbara region.

Hanlong has spoken to about 12 companies in the Pilbara and South Australia about making strategic investments in iron ore and iron alloys, a person familiar with the discussions said.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
    .End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
    Sichuan Hanlong has also acquired a controlling interest in General Moly, a US molybdenum miner.

Molybdenum is commonly used as a steel alloy and to remove sulphur impurities from petroleum products.

Something to consider is the AGO/DMA connection. They have obviously talked re infrastructure, AGO have said they are eyeing other opportunities, Atlas/Warwick has a long border with DMA. AGO paid about $130 mill for Warwick (I think), but DMA seems to have far better land, at this stage.

Perhaps Hanlong are looking our way! Are they the Chinamen DMA is talking to?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DMA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.