MCR 0.00% $1.39 mincor resources nl

History suggests that the dividend wont be anything sensational...

1. 424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    History suggests that the dividend wont be anything sensational - probably a modest increase on the last.

There's a side of me that would like to see a special dividend paid to share holders. Nothing too crazy, just say 5c on top of their normal dividend. This would only cost them $10m and it would win the hearts of a lot of holders.

I understand their money in the bank is a warchest ready to be spent on developing their USNOB when they find it, but I still believe that $10m thrown at shareholders now wouldn't make a material difference to their ability to fund a new project.

Other than when all metals stocks were market-darlings, MCR seems to have been the forgotten child of the mining industry. They don't make headline news, they don't do anything sensational, they just go about their business and make a solid profit. It's a good thing in a way - but it certainly doesn't set the share price on fire.

They're far from immune to global melt-downs too. They actually traded below their cash-value during the GFC, which was just silly.

Anyway, it's happy days for now - the market is pointing in the right direction, MCR are making plenty of cash and the Ni price is increasing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.