ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 967
    No, I think you need to have another read. I put a lowball figure of $6/gj in there and an upper figure of $20/gj. I am suggesting that gas will be sold at a rate that is cheaper than $25-30/gj, thereby creating cost savings for the community and as such the opportunity to value add to everyone in the region through job creation.

You will notice that my 'community savings' figure was based off my upper range price assumption. If you want to look at a rough export price range of $8/gj you would be looking at saving of $17-27/gj. That equates to (drum roll please) savings of $85-135 million per annum. So really, I was being realistic and downplaying this side of things. If you want a midpoint, a figure of $17/gj has been floated in the media, which would equate to $85-170 million per annum.

I believe that Metgasco has actually released an economic impact statement, that saw it stack up very nicely. As follows:

Projected total economic impact (direct and indirect) for the Northern Rivers over 20 years:

$826 million during construction phase.

$1.2 billion during operational phase.

Total more than $2 billion.

$719 million or 0.2% per annum increase in Gross Regional Product.

$335 million in wages and salaries.

1040 full-time jobs during construction phase and 946 permanent full-time jobs during operating phase.

I think you knew that though, as you were using a 20 year supposition in your statement. As far as my employer or representative organisation making such an analysis....probably a good thing as I am not in the industry. I don't think my boss would like it very much if I was chewing up time duplicating the very thorough work of an independent body based in Toowoomba.

I am glad, however, that you have implied that the company would not do anything illegal. I wish a few more in the community shared that element of common sense. Anything else while we're going? I'm assuming you are shorting the stock with your sell sentiment with no stock held?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.830M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2105211 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 3778476 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.