SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

Hi westcott, I understand exactly what C1 costs include...

1. 3,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Hi westcott,

I understand exactly what C1 costs include westcott. Obviously what you fail to understand is that C1 costs aren't supposed to be used as a measure for overall company profitability.

C1 costs (that are usually released in quarterly updates) are used to assess how efficient a miner is at getting the ore out of the ground.

It is a measure that is able to be calculated within a few weeks of the quarter ending so that it can be reported in the quarterly production report.

It allows investors to see on a timely basis whether, for example, cost cutting exercises in the mining process are taking effect etc.

What you are asking for is basically a full profit and loss, and that's simply not going to be prepared within a few weeks of each quarter ending so that it can be included in the quarterly production report.

As I said, people on this thread (including you) have been happy for years to quote SDL's OPEX and talk about how it is World leading. There's no difference.

Other miners aren't trying to hood wink you by reporting C1 costs westcott, they are assuming investors have a basic level of understanding re what these measures are, what they include and how they should be used.

Have a few ales at the wedding for me.

Cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.