ATU 0.00% 0.5¢ atrum coal limited

I'm still baffled at the 50c issue price. Given the relatively...

1. 318 Posts.
    I'm still baffled at the 50c issue price. Given the relatively paltry sum of $5m, why discount 58%?! I appreciate people have discussed this, but to me, $5m you would think would have been relatively easy to obtain through either a combination of:

1) Equipment providers? - What's another $5m to them if they have confidence in the project and a relatively small equity stake supports the progress of a $100m equipment contract?
    2) Off-takers? - As someone said, what's $5m if it assists you positioning yourself at the head of the queue for first major off-take?
    3) Existing shareholders? - Seems $5m would be a relatively paltry sum at a much less discount if reason communicated clearly to shareholders what it was for...Long termers would understand, not a big outlay to keep it trucking along.
    4) Insto shareholders?

Why oh why the size of the discount? I don't want to harp on this, but has anyone a reasonable explanation for the discount?

I've got no doubt it will bounce back on a couple of announcements, but crikey, it doesn't make for good conversation around the dinner table at home!!! "Oh, Atrum wants more of your money to make you money but your original investment money value just halved?"... "Just short term Darl...". (Cue flying salad bowl)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.