ATU 0.00% 0.5¢ atrum coal limited

Must be a minimum of 30 days, no max. This is where the rubber...

1. 81 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Must be a minimum of 30 days, no max. This is where the rubber hits the road with the stake holders, primarily the Aboriginal band that occupies the area.

Not much info on the opinion of the Tahltan stakeholders other than the following quote from their newsletter: "The Tahltan Heritage Resources Environmental Assessment Team (THREAT) is committed to supporting the Tahltan Nation in ensuring Tahltan lands and resources are protected for future generations. The team has been working on a number of projects including: Tahltan lands administration, review of regulatory applications for projects (Red Chris, Bruce Jack, Silvertip and Groundhog Coal) and implementation of the Third-Party Review recommendations."

Not sure how this will play out, but the previous Chief was opposed to the mine, not sure what the opinion of the new one is. There was opposition to the mine previously, which is why I pulled out. The government of BC recently bought a bunch of leases from coal companies and imposed a moratorium on mining in the general area of groundhog to calm things down. Fortune minerals took a significant bath on that one, but they will have first dibs on the leases if negotiations with the band are successful.

Of note, Canadian law has recently changed WRT aboriginal title, in a nutshell, if the local band is not onboard, It will not happen.

Hopefully things will work out, but at this point I remain a very interested bystander.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.