OAK 0.00% 6.8¢ oakridge international limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report, page-139

1. 1,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9254
    'Who was the person that recently sold there XPE holding as they found a better investment opportunity at IAM...ouch!

Whom ever that was must be really having a rough week.

Best of luck'

Hi @W007

Yes, that was I.

Wow, what a day! And since you mentioned it, today's announcement from Intiger was a real bummer I have to admit. Nevertheless it hasn't changed my feeling towards the company at all, and without going into detail on this forum, I am still very content to be an investor over there based on my own due diligence and understanding of where the company is at.

As an investor you have to learn to cope with volatility at both ends of the spectrum and stay calm when the chips are either way up or way down. It is important to understand that when one enters a highly emotional and stressed state, it often triggers irrational behaviour and poor decision making, and that usually leads to either magnified losses, not letting your profits run or not taking a profit (or loss) when the time is right. This is easier said than done of course and as a human being I am by no means immune from making mistakes. However my mindset is a wee bit different to most, as I actually enjoy the psychological self-challenge and acknowledge that my time horizon and tolerance for paper losses are probably a lot greater than your average punter, particularly at this end of the market.

Today though, my portfolio was a massive sea of red (bar one stock), which is not entirely surprising given that it is a Thursday (I've noticed over the years that Thursdays tend to present some good opportunities for traders to enter their positions for the next week).

I should also point out that I still hold Xped shares, albeit not nearly as many as I used to. And despite my extreme dissatisfaction with three of our four directors, my feeling is that the cracks in the hull, though widening, aren't terminal just yet. So as long as I hold an interest, I'll continue to vote and work with other shareholders behind the scenes (when necessary) to ensure that our collective retail voice is still relevant to those commandeering the ship. I'll also continue to voice an opinion on HC every now and then, although I am more of a reader these days due to other business, family and leisurely interests that are keeping me plenty busy at the moment.

A few comments on the share price before I retire for the evening. Today's market cap is A$29m at 1.3c (Enterprise Value = A$21m), and there is a bit of historical support here on the daily chart, particularly noticeable on a closing basis if you go back to October 2015. Now whether this area acts as support or not remains to be seen, but be aware that there are some decent sized orders sitting at 1.3c which are yet to be hit.

Today's VWAP was 1.426c (a fair bit higher than the closing price) and the majority of trades were at 1.4 and 1.5c. Only 500k was traded at 1.3c and this happened near and also at the close. So it will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow, being the last day of the week. Often I notice a bit of a bounce in my portfolio come Fridays. particularly if the week has been red, but whether Xped (and Intiger for that matter) follow suit remains to be seen.

Re: Xped, I think that there is a reasonable chance that we may see an update of some description either tomorrow or Monday, and Chris Wood did indicate to someone on here earlier in the week that an update on Lenze would be very coming 'very soon' as I recall. So let's see if he is true to his word, and if there is any meat on that bone for traders and investors to chew on when it arrives.

GLTA

Cheers
    Elpha
    Last edited by elphamale: 04/05/17
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.835M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 55 6.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.5¢ 1524 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.