LNR 0.00% 0.4¢ lanthanein resources ltd

G, hi....unfortunately far from finished.....many seats still...

1. 565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 24
    G, hi....unfortunately far from finished.....many seats still undecided. Can take a long time, unlike elections here, as you know.
    Seems Peter O'Neill being invited to see if he can form govt. (again), but not likely to be quickly settled. Quite a lot of disputations going on, likely to slow down the process. Two police shot in Highlands.....  Situation fairly normal.

Julie Bishop said to have been keeping an Aust eye on the process but refraining from comment till results are clarified...naturally enough.

Don't think there will be any clarity on cabinet positions (Mines too of course) until the smoke (er dust) clears and a Govt is formed. If the past is any guide -and it will be- pork barrel and argy bargy will be the order of the days.

Regards.

****************************************************************************

Breaking News >
    PNG to attend 4th meteorological meet

Published On:
    Monday, August 07, 2017

By Staff Reporter : PNG Today

PNG Prime Minister O'Neill Announces CARETAKER CABINET

Prime Minister, Peter O’NEILL has this afternoon announced his CARETAKER cabinet at the Government House.
    The 7 Member care taker cabinet team was sworn in by the Governor General.
    Prime Minister, Peter O’ NEILL is also responsible for Bougainville Affairs, while Alotau MP, Charles Abel has been appointed Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Treasury, Forestry, Civil Aviation, Sports and APEC and Lands and Physical Planning.

Mt Hagen MP and United Resource Party Leader , William Duma is now responsible for Petroleum and Energy, Housing and Urbanisation, Public Enterprise and State Investments, Transport, Agriculture and Livestock.

Sir Puka Temu has been allocated, Public Sector, Education, Health, Higher Education, Science and Technology.
    James MARAPE is responsible for Finance, Fisheries, Works, Police and Attorney General and Justice.

Richard Maru, the Former Trade and Investment Minister has been allocated the National Planning Ministry, Labour and Industrial Relations, Trade Commerce and Industry, Communication and Information Technology.

Rimbink PATO will oversee Foreign Affairs, and Immigration, Correctional Services, Defence, Community Development. Youth and Religion.
    While Johnson TUKE will be overseeing Mining, Culture and Tourism, Provincial Affairs, and Environment and Conservation. News/Photo: PNGTV Live

Read more: http://news.pngfacts.com/2017/08/png-prime-minister-oneill-announces.html#ixzz4p1oIvbih

Seems it will take a while to settle the 'final' cabinet team. I would venture that with Peter O'Neill still running things, little will change for the better, although at this point the opposition team looks quite a strong one though I'm surprised if Patrick Pruaitch is the opposition leader. I would have thought Maurata as he  (though a bit ineffectual as PM earlier) is straight enough and well thought of internationally. If the opposition had succeeded in achieving government we may have seen something done about the Ok Tedi/PNG Sustainable Development nationalization thing which is not a good look for mining in PNG. Unfortunately, Mr O'Neill has a way of getting what he wants, and is very good at sugar coating it.

It's interesting Charles Abel seems to be O'Neill's deputy as I believe he is not a supporter of 'big' mines, and this is reflected presently with some reluctance  towards developments at Freida River with Highlands and Pan Aust who are going to arbitration and after that is sorted out, presumably development will be ready to proceed (50 plus years after initial discovery), which appears to be the next really big thing. Thus who will actually be mines minister?  The interim holder Johnson Tuke I know little about, probably someone else.

Regards to all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.774M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $1.926K 481.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 4061042 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 15865463 26
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.07am 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LNR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.