WKT 2.33% 10.5¢ walkabout resources ltd

Fair enough Wilma. Geopolitics in Africa has always been a mess...

1. 5,711 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1820
    Fair enough Wilma.

Geopolitics in Africa has always been a mess ... always ruled by the gun, at least they have someone running Tanzania who knows how a battery works!

The West likes to draw conclusions about the world from a Western perspective ... and when I meet people who make sweeping statements about world politics I like to ask them about population.

Ask them to guess the population of the US as a percentage of the world, Europe (ex Russia and Eastern countries) the same ... there are roughly five to six times more people who would be classified as non Western than Western. No matter how much the worlds economy improves it won't improve enough in our lifetime to enable the rest to enjoy the consumption the West has. (And the climate can't take it anyway.)

So rule by gun/dictators for the majority of the world it is in our lifetime. Fact of life I believe. (Look at the US ... how insane ... Trump getting the Noble Peace Prize (not that I expect he does not matter what happens in Korea) would upset most of California ... but they're from Mars anyway that why they're interested to go back there via Musk ... haha))

Tanzania has roughly twice the population of Oz. Be nice to see them more prosperous but I doubt it filters down far amongst 44 million.

I'm just glad they have a science teacher running the place not an ex-General.
    Last edited by EWexplorer: 02/05/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
-0.003(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $70.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $21.84K 201.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 594881 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 233628 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.11pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.