WAF 3.86% $1.48 west african resources limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report, page-110

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    Burkina Faso was supposed to have an important vote today on adopting presidential term limits designed to strengthen its democracy which have been indefinitely cancelled according to this Washington Post article from yesterday. The article also contains some other concerning extracts (see below). The comment by the Maj. Gen would however have been made before the French reports of the killings of the two JNIM leaders that I linked in my previous post above.Esh

"I would tell you at this time, we are not winning,” Air Force Maj. Gen. J. Marcus Hicks, head of U.S. Special Operations Command Africa, told reporters on the sidelines of Flintlock, a military training exercise in Burkina Faso last month.

The country appears to be falling apart,” said Michael Shurkin, a senior political scientist at the Rand Corp. “The relevance of the constitutional reforms in light of the security crisis is doubtful.”

Burkina Faso endured 136 attacks by Islamist militants last year, up from about a quarter of that figure in 2017. Kaboré has declared a state of emergency in six of the nation’s 13 provinces.

Burkina Faso is fighting for democracy. Are the terrorists winning?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c5d0999c21e_story.html?utm_term=.c67ebf35a9b1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WAF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.48
Change
0.055(3.86%)
Mkt cap ! $1.683B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.47 $1.48 $1.45 $7.196M 4.909M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 7517 $1.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.49 80961 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WAF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.