CLA 9.09% 1.0¢ celsius resources limited.

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report, page-6

1. 998 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 563

I personally think that investing in cobalt, especially the juniors, requires foresight. You can't just switch focus back to Cobalt when the price is hot. Look at the two previous peaks in the price. True, the price did stay at elevated levels for reasonably long periods of time (about a year each peak), but not long enough to be the catalyst for sustained investment and development "if you started near the peak".
    Timing, and the ability to spot the factors that will cause the price of Cobalt to peak again, are necessary to be successful in this market. Now, let's put aside Opuwo for the time being and only consider the Cobalt market. I think the important factors are:
    - on the supply side, the low price has caused the duopoly (Chinese companies & Glencore) to scale down their production.
    - on the demand side, EVs are now even closer to mass production than ever before
    - a side effect of the above, that can be our "canary in the coal mine", is GEM Co signing a 5 year Cobalt supply deal with Glencore. The last time this deal was on the table, Cobalt was halfway down from its last peak.
    - The GEM deal also takes out 1/3 of Glencore's total Cobalt output. With Mutanda to be mothballed for 2 years starting 2020, how much Cobalt do you think Glencore can supply to the rest of the market after accounting for this deal?
    - another interesting point is that GEM Co's primary business is actually battery materials recycling. Why would they need a Cobalt supply contract? Does that mean that recovering Cobalt by recycling batteries is not viable? Food for thought.

The above factors all point to a much higher Cobalt price. That means the time to get in position for maximum profit in this market is now.... Or soon, at least.

Now let's consider Opuwo and all the unanswered questions about it. I'll make this short. The (share) market has already passed judgement on it and declared it a dud. This is reflected completely on the company's SP. Yet the company still wants to develop it, even when there is cash in the bank. This is not normal behaviour for a dud project. I think there is still value in Opuwo, my 2c.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.0¢
Change
-0.001(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $24.27M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.0¢ $11.38K 1.057M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 17650306 1.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 4230745 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.1¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.1¢ 1.1¢ 1.1¢ 215373
Last updated 15.05pm 03/05/2024 ?
CLA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.