ATU 0.00% 0.5¢ atrum coal limited

The Crowsnest pass council just amended a bylaw to allow the...

1. 128 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    The Crowsnest pass council just amended a bylaw to allow the construction of workcamps for Riversdale so they must be under the assumption its going to happen you would think

Council passes bylaw regarding work camps

The discussion focused around what the members of council would all like to see in this bylaw.

The first topic of discussion centered around the length council would like to see potential camps in operation.

Councillor Sygutek advised council she would like to see fewer than the four years currently presented in the bylaw.

“I have a problem with the four years. I'd rather see that number close to three. This is new and we haven't done this. If we get locked into something with someone we don't like it could be bad. We could have three with an opportunity to renew for a fourth year. Four years is a long time.”

Councillor Ward agreed with Councillor Sygutek and mentioned Riversdale’s proposed construction period isn’t that long of a time period to begin with.

“Riversdale has told us all along that their construction period will be about two years so if we allow 3, that gives some wiggle room.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.