FFX 0.00% 20.0¢ firefinch limited

Ann: Quarterly Activities Report, page-155

1. 8,887 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8154
    Don't know why people bother with the lithium argy bargy, when it should be obvious to all that the main game is gold.

I've had a more thorough look at the quarterly today and like so much about it, with so many positives in the short, medium and long term. Most importantly is the short term with things like the upcoming results and resource estimate for Morila, Viper, N'Tiola and Koting.

Taking Koting as a quick example, the following from the quarterly...
    "Drilling is now underway at the Viper deposit following completion of drilling at the Koting prospect and thereafter the rigs will move to Domba and the Morila main pit."

"Drilling at Koting will infill existing wide spaced drilling with 38 holes for 5,185 metres completed in January."

That's a decent drilling program and sometime in the next few weeks we will get results from those assays from completed drilling. It is just another little positive gem to look forward to. I'm not expecting high grades, but there should be some decent widths of 1+ g/t that will add lots of tonnes to resource inventory.

Also this ...."The company is preparing an application for an exploitation permit to enable Koting to be mined. Feasibility, environmental and community studies are in progress."

Not something you would do unless you are very confident that the resource estimate is going to be good enough to be profitable.
    "Drilling results will inform an initial Mineral Resource to allow a mine design to be completed, an Ore Reserve estimated and Koting to be brought into the mine schedule."

Another positive coming in the next month or 2, a resource estimate, followed by a reserve as part of the mine plan.
    Permitting mentioned above takes time, so the Koting deposit will not be mined until later this year, after they start with N'tiola, Viper and Domba IMHO.

However I still think it will add some millions of tonnes to the resources, because from past announcements they state things like the following...
    (1/7/15 announcement) .."The apparent width of this zone is up to 60m on section and has now been defined by RC drilling to a depth of approximately 130m from surface (open at depth), and over 250m of strike at a nominal average grade of approximately 1g/t gold."
    (19/11/19 announcement) .."This drilling intersected mineralisation over a strike length of approximately 400m and may extend further along strike."

The recently completed drilling of 38 holes for 5,185 metres or an average of 136 metres per hole, is obviously concentrating on infill drilling to get a resource estimate ASAP, without further exploratory drilling. It shows that they are serious in getting these satellite pits up and running quickly, no heroic exploratory drilling at this stage, get the job done. Real exploration will come later, after resource estimations for mine plan, and mining are happening.

There is so much to absorb from this quarterly with little snippets of great information throughout. It shows just how much work is being undertaken and for me explains entirely why the lithium side of the business is taking a back seat.
    These guys put serious money in this company, so they are not mucking around, they are making this project happen..

Please everyone, go back and have a second (or third) read of this quarterly, to make sure you understand all the little details included.
    Last edited by ozblue: 31/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.